Saturday, July 14, 2007

Wow. We serve a great God.

Hello!!!

I am blow drying my hair right now, so I figured I could write to you all!!! Lets see if I can type one handed. :)

We have been here almost a week and the time has just flown by. If I had to leave right now, I would come away a different person. And I mean different in a good way. I have learned so much from different people here that I think it's changed me a bit. But...I stil have many weeks left, so I
pray that I will grow even more.

But I miss all of you. I want to know what all is going on at your house, and what's been happening. I know a lot of you have blogs, but right now, I don't have time to look them all up. So, could you send emails, if you have time sometime? sisters4@gmail.com

Or, you could even do it the old-fashioned way:

Victoria and Christina Emmons
Advent Film Group
One Patrick Henry Circle
Purcellville, VA 20132

That would be really really awesome. :)



Today, I slept until 11:30. I had breakfast/lunch and the only thing that I've been told that I have to do is go to a meeting at 3. We will be reading through the script in more detail. I'm not sure if this meeting is for everybody, or just the principals. We will see.... So...that is my day...so far. :)

My hair isn't quite dry yet. hmmm....


I must say again how kind people are here. Last night, the director came up to me and asked if we wanted to go to their home to sleep. Because he was really worried about me. And it was just so thoughtful. God has truly blessed me.

Alright, I need to head out now. God bless all of you. Thanks for reading this, and for leaving your comments. We LOVE them.

Victoria

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to sleep till 11:30!! It's not even 11:30 yet here. =) So how long are you going to be there?
May God continue to change you for the better through this! He IS a great God! He works in so many different ways!
-ap

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad you two got some sleep at the Escobar's. I could tell that definitely helped you today. I'll keep you in my prayers. :)

~Ian

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you are having a good time. I still can't believe that you and Austin are in a movie! That is SO awesome. I can't wait to see it. I hope that you continue to grow through this great opportunity.
Love from Lauren

Anonymous said...

You just keep on smiling and remember that the Holy Spirit refines us directly through His word and indirectly through the people he puts us in contact with. And through this film you will be used to refine many other people. Praise God!

Have a blessed and restful Lord's Day!

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you too, Victoria & Christina! We miss you also!
Love, Mrs. Sumpter(for the family)

Arden Sleadd said...

Victoria,
Did you think it was jetlag keeping you awake? Or just the intensity and excitement of all that you're doing? Have you been taking melatonin? Just some motherly prodding :-)
It is so incredible how God has dropped this opportunity into your lap. Christina, your posts really helped me feel what you are experiencing and how awesome it is. To think you got to soak up the presence of Michael Farris!!! Without paying college tuition for it!!! I'd have given a million bucks to be a fly on the wall...
God bless you girls as I know He is,
MomSleadd