Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Can I Hear An Amen?

Hello all,
It's 1:10 am here, and I think I might be tired enough to go to bed! :)
Actually, it's been a very full day...we were working from 8am-11pm, with a few minutes break to eat lunch and dinner. Today I helped in makeup and I did the slate again. And as far as Victoria, all she really did today is act for about twelve hours. Slacker... :)

As some of you know, she is playing the lead female role, Rachel, and Austin Kearney is playing the lead male role, Caleb. Both of them have been doing an exceptional job. They are both working so hard to do their very best. I've been working with them each day, reading over lines, analyzing the characters, doing blocking, memorizing lines, working on facial expressions, etc. Even the director has mentioned several times how impressed he is with their commitment and work ethic. They are always walking around muttering lines to themselves. :) They are also working with Josh who plays the part of Dave, Caleb's roommate. He has also been a huge asset, using his humor to keep everyone happy.

We have really enjoyed working with Dr. Michael Farris. Since I'm in charge of waiting with the actors until it's time for them to be driven over to the set, I also get to enjoy his humor and stories. Which reminds me, you all may be interested in the procedure to get the "talent" on to the set. First, they each have a call time to come to wardrobe, and then to makeup. (Austin's favorite part...jk) Then they wait under my care until I get a call that the set is ready for them. Then they are driven over to the set, which is only about 200 yards away. By the way, yes, I have to walk. :) Don't worry, they aren't being driven by choice. We just don't want to have the weather affect their makeup.

Tomorrow's call time isn't until 10 am. (Can I hear an amen?) We'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. Also, feel free to post questions. I'd be happy to answer them.

Please pray for Victoria! She still isn't sleeping well at all, and we don't want her to get sick, or worse. This is very important...please pray.

Thank you all.
Blessings,
Christina

9 comments:

Aaron Sleadd said...

We'll be praying!
Hang in there and get some sleep! :)
God Bless,
-Aaron

Aaron Sleadd said...

Oh, and AMEN!!!

Brian Sporer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Sporer said...

I am praying!

Grace and peace and rest to both of you gals.

Anonymous said...

Christina,
It's so good to hear from you!!! You sound like an asset, it's so wonderful that you are there when they are waiting, you are so calm and I bet you give them strength by being there and talking with them.
It worries me that Victoria is gonna be run down, but this anxious feeling will remind me to pray for her and each one of you.
I'm so proud of you Christina taking your role seriously and quietly do all the background stuff, good job!
Mrs. Deems

Anonymous said...

Maybe they can change the screenplay so that Rachel has to take a twenty minute nap in the afternoon. Record 3 or 4 takes just to be sure.

We're praying for you!

Peggy said...

Yes, Rachel does deserve a nap. :D We are praying for you!
-Molly

Destiny said...

Christina,
You are such an example to me in serving. I'm sure everyone there is very blessed with your hard work:) I will be praying for you and Victoria. May God bless you:)
-Destiny

Anonymous said...

Have you considered buying some melatonin? It's a natural hormone the body produces to induce sleep. But you can get in a pill form at any health food store or places like Fred Myer.

I have to take it every single night so I can get to sleep. It doesn't leave you dragging during the day, either...no side effects. It just gets you really sleepy! I could NOT function without my melatonin.


Well, I'll be praying for Victoria. It all sounds so exciting!!!