Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Jobs

I thought I'd give you all a few details about what I do each day on the set...

First of all, I'm the Makeup Assistant. I do different people's makeup, depending on how many actors we have on a given day. While the main makeup lady Katherine does Victoria's makeup, I always do Austin's. Hmm...We'll have to get some better pictures...

I also did this actor's makeup... Katherine and I are also responsible for everyone's hair...
Here I am demonstrating how much Austin needed a hair cut...

Victoria trimmed it right before we left for Oregon

After we have everyone's makeup and hair ready for the day, we are always with them on set, giving touch ups as the takes go on.

This is called the "chip." They use it in post production to match colors. I hold it up in front of the cameras each time the lighting is changed. Thus, I have the nickname "Chip Girl."

I also do the slate...basically I hold it in front of the camera before each take and read off "Sound in A, Moot Courting, Roll 6, Scene 75.4, Take 7." And then I get to clap the top, which always brings me joy... :) My other nick name is "Slatey."


Okay, that is a quick overview of some of the jobs I have...
-Christina
(Pictures by Katie)

1 comments:

Brian Sporer said...

Those look like fun jobs. They really illustrate what a tremendous servant you are.